Thursday, June 30, 2016

it takes a village

On Saturday I leave for Hot Springs and all I can think about is "the village." You know, like, "it takes a village."

My thankfulness cup is flooding..serious OVERFLOW.  My heart is bursting at the seams.  Some AMAZING people have gotten me to this point and I just want to cry when I think about the sacrifices they've made for me.

There is LITERALLY a village of incredible gifts from God (people) who have helped me get to this point and I swear I would be so lost without them.  There is absolutely positively no way that a girl could get to Miss Arkansas on her own and I can't help but think that my village is the best village ever.  Praise the Lord for all of you humans!

I mean y'all, this pageant thing is amazing.  To someone who totally doesn't understand, I try to explain it just like sports:
There's a "team" (or two) that you're on...team *insert titleholder*
There is day in and day out preparation.
There is a public platform.
There is the amazing responsibility of being a role model.
There is a mind-game to be won.  Mind over matter.
There is competition...kind of ;) because you love them so much.
There is celebration when you win.
There is growth when you don't.
There are amazing friendships that you carry with you forever with people who "understand" in a way that no one else can.
There are mentors.
There are countless, selfless volunteers.
There are dedicated historians.
There are sometimes critics, too.
There is even a literal ring for the winner (hahahah insert Super Bowl comparison)...I love this specific comparison so much.

It's kind of one in the same! -- and kind of totally not all at the same time.

So that being said, a village is ABSOLUTELY necessary to prepare the "team." See?

I can't help but share this simple shout out to all of the people who got me to this point.  We are TWO FULL DAYS from Miss Arkansas Arrival and I can't wait another minute to scream it from the mountaintops that I am so lucky to have the squad of guidance and love and support that I do at this point.

No matter what happens, "my" crew will always be the reason that I keep coming back.  I stand on the shoulders of people who are holding me up and boosting me on.  They are a main part of the reason I do it year after year.  It's incredible what empowerment does for a person!

"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 2


^^^  THANK YOU to each and every single person who has lived this out and showed me what this means.  ^^^


I WISH that I could specifically name every single one of you, but time won't allow.  One day I'll be able to say exactly why and how God has used you in my life and just how much of a blessing you are to me.  I know you know who you are -- every family member, friend, coach, director, sponsor, "cheerleader," etc...all I can say is thank you for believing in me.  I LOVE YOU!!!


It's go-time for Miss Arkansas 2016, team!!!!  Let's go give God His glory, and let's go have fun!


XOXO-

Mag













1 comment:

  1. it's go-time for Miss Arkansas 2016, team!!!! Let's go give God His glory, and let's go have fun!

    ReplyDelete